Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Year Of Bumps and Blessings

This past year was one of our family's worst. But, at the same time, it was also one of our best. A collision of circumstances that had the potential to shake our very foundation resulted in one that made it stronger - a miraculous intercession  beyond just physical healing.

For any year, for any family, a retrospective glance backwards gives hope moving forward. One only has to look at how far God has brought you to realize how far He plans to take you.




“Who am I, Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?”  (2 Samuel 17:18)

 Among the difficulties experienced this year, the lessons learned far outweighed the lumps :

 1.  I’ve learned that nothing will bring you to your knees quicker than a hurting child. I’ve also learned that nothing will make you stronger than a hurting child that needs you.

                                            

2.  Joy can be found in all circumstances – in the mundane, in the miraculous, in the absurd, in the unbelievable.

3. Life’s difficulties can either make you bitter or better. I pray we always choose the latter.

4. Jesus overcame this sinful, devastating world so that we would not be overcome. 

5. Everyday can be a new start. When you find yourself behind, begin again right where you are.

6. No guts on my part means no glory for Him. My children can only grow if I let go.

                                            

7. Standing out, being set apart, appearing different is a good thing. A very, very good thing.

                                           

8.  The wisdom and maturity of a twelve year old can take away your breath. 

9. God allows a great story to manifest from chapters full of pain, ambiguity and the unknown. He won’t allow you to rush to the conclusion of your book because you will miss the blessings among the content.

10. A mom would lay down her life for her child, and because that option wouldn’t help my son, I laid down my pride. I learned to beg for prayers

11. I learned that the kindness of others makes me cry like a girl.

12. And finally, I learned that even as you are telling God that you can’t possibly endure a task asked of you, He has already worked it out so you can.

                                           



 My prayer for you and your family in the new year  is the same one I have for my own:

 “May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace as you trust in Him…” (Romans 15:13)


                                             





  

No comments: